4.06.2009

A Growing Garden...

I'm not one to put too many posts up about school, but there are some things that have been consuming my life, so I suppose it's appropos to include it here.
At school, I've been busy coordinating the creation of a community garden. To kick it off, we designated April as "Garden Month". We held a fancy ribbon-cutting ceremony, complete with a reality show-esque challenge called "The Big Dig" (A shout out to Bostonians! Er...I hope it doesn't turn out like that mess!)

Oh...some may be curious how I landed in the position as team leader, especially since I don't have green thumbs. The basic answer, I have no idea, just that it seemed like a very cool idea for students to work on researching, designing and planting a community garden.
Here are some of the photos from our inauguration. I promise many more to come!

No comments: