4.15.2009

Hot Tamales!

It is really hot here. Today I glanced at the thermometer at 9 am, and it was ALREADY 112 degrees in the shade. Reportedly it made its way up to 120 later on in the day.

Did I mention that my classroom is NOT air-conditioned? My brain is meeeeeeeeeelting. (The students didn't need that excuse but definitely are using it!)

We're a bit of a lethargic group with this heat. A short while after glancing at the temperature, I found myself moaning for a nap (at 9:30 in the morning??!). All I want to do is sleep.

The worst thing is, everyone keeps telling us, "This is nothing! Wait until May. That's when it's REALLY hot!"

Oh...and I haven't seen a drop of precipitation since early October. God, I'm wishing for a thunderstorm!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Um. No new developments in three weeks? So boring! Why didn't you go to a museum? Or make a play with your kids? Or SOMETHING? You must be awfully bored!