10.25.2009

Incredible India...

Ok, it's been forever since I posted, but I realize that more than a few of you like to read what I'm up to! I'm sorry...I was under the impression that readership was so low that I should stop blogging. Have no fear! I'm trying to be better!
Anyways, you might have noticed from my last blog that Rach and I went to India for Eid al Fitr, the celebration of the end of Ramadan. (Find out about Eid by clicking the link here.)
We arrived in Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay) ready to tackle the city. We scoffed at the idea of having an air-conditioned taxi into the city. (After all, we were coming from KHARTOUM, one of the hottest capital cities in the world!) Well, it might have helped with the overwhelming pollution and magic city scents that wafted through the window as we waited hopelessly in traffic for over 2 hours!
Here are some of the sites we saw from our taxi rides around the city...everything from rickshaws and slums to "Horn OK Please" signs and Bollywood billboards. More posts to come!



No comments: