Weavers
(local scavengers, who hang around waiting for us to finish our dinner so they can eat too!)
Fish Eagle
(on Lake Tana, the source of the Blue Nile)
Fluffer Bird atop a Papyrus plant
(It poofed up like a puffer-fish when it flew!)
Pelicans!!
Blue Bird
(inside a rock hewn church)
Egret/Heron (?)
(Some bird friends of mine, tell me!)
Prehistoric Birds
(Again, help with the names!)
Hornbills to your left!
(on Lake Tana, the source of the Blue Nile)
(It poofed up like a puffer-fish when it flew!)
(inside a rock hewn church)
(Some bird friends of mine, tell me!)
(Again, help with the names!)

3 comments:
Emily,
Bill forwarded me your blog address and I sent it on to Zach. Really an interesting blog. Due to my advanced age, I don't spend a lot of time in the blogosphere, but I will visit your's occasionally.
steve griffith
steve-griffith@sbcglobal.net
I would never complain about bird photos. Really, I enjoyed watching you swing your camera around, losing sight of the flying bird as you (unfortunately) have it already zoomed in too far.
just kidding. you took some great photographs.
Wow! Birds are migrating from the northern to the southern hemisphere now and I was thinking of you in Africa (which is to Eurasia as South America is to North America). You'll be seeing fabulous quantities of migratory birds along the Nile. They tend to follow watercourses. Look up. Is there a field guide to African birds? In English?
Post a Comment