Part One: Jordan!We're meeting Rachel's parents and grandma in Jordan to continue on with the Biblical tour. We'll be headed deeper into land of Christianity & Judaism, with plans included to see:
- Mt. Nebo--the mountain Moses stood out on before crossing the Red Sea
- Bethany Beyond the Jordan--where Jesus was baptised by John
- Herod's Castle (where John the Baptist was beheaded)
- Remnants of the infamous Sodom
- Lot's Cave (you know, the one whose daughter turned into a pile of salt)
Part Two: UgandaIn an effort to see some more of green Africa, our second stop will be in Uganda. We'll spend both Christmas and New Year's here. We've been wooed by stories of amazing people, culture and wildlife. If we're lucky (and we save our pennies) we'll be able to track gorillas!!!
This is supposed to be one of the most amazing experiences...but it costs $500!
There are strict regulations to maintain the gorillas and their habitats. Only 8 people to be allowed permits into the "Impenetrable Forest" a day, which isn't a bad thing but it's quite a pretty penny. So...if anyone was trying to think of a nice X-mas/birthday present, sponsoring gorilla tracking might be just perfect!

3 comments:
WOW, sounds great, I am so excited to be going on the Jordon trip..I would have to sit on the step someplace and wait for the rest of the gang on that second trip..I am about $500 short.
Phyl
I'm so proud of you two! This trip sounds amazing...and I have a great book for you to read to get you ready re: the history of Uganda. (it can be one of your "free time" activities.) Problem is- I can't remember the name of the book right now. My mind is numb...will think of it later and let you know. Cheers and much much love. Jessica
Just 2 comments on your Biblical references-
-Mt. Nebo is where Moses stood at the end of his life, before the Israelites crossed over the JORDAN (and he died before getting to).
-Lot's WIFE became a pillar of salt.
Your trip sounds fabulous! I wish I could go!
Peace,
Molly
Post a Comment