1.04.2009

Dead Sea

This is about as far into the Dead Sea as I made it. (But hey! I went the furthest of our crew!) Despite being known as the lowest point on earth, with huge mineral and salt content meant to rejuvenate your skin, it was pretty mucky and trashy, not all that welcoming. It is the DEAD Sea, after all.

Regardless, it was quite amusing to watch the others. We ended up with the locals, who despite not having their swimming costumes, just went ahead in full abiyas and velvet coats. I can't imagine what the salt stains did to them; for me it was a nice solid white line around my ankles. (And quite a burning sensation.)

There were camel rides, picnics and FLIES galore!


This is the beautiful part of the Dead Sea (in the South). I really wish we would have tried floating here. (Again, we forgot our swim suits!)

No comments: