1.17.2009

Next Stop: Burkina Faso

Everyone laughs when they hear my buddy, Brooke's clever nickname--Brookinafaso. Or at least the smart ones who realize that this is a play on words for a country here in Africa named Burkina Faso. (The others just chuckle and wonder what they missed.)

Yeah, yeah...why are you writing all of this Emily??

Turns out I miraculously ended up at the house of the ambassador from Burkina Faso last week. Never would I have thought that would have happened, but hey! It's Khartoum!

When I saw the guard shack, I instantly thought of you Brookster! I had to get a shot. So, Ms. Brookinafaso...this one's for you! Thinking of good friends and missing you guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss you too, Grimey!!! I tried to call you but woefully screwed up somehow... Email me if you have a tip! love, sis-in-law of brookinafaso
p.s. FYI - Amanda ran a half-marathon this weekend! WOOO!! Amanda rocks!!!