Tomorrow's celebration will be unique because we it will be at school and we'll be cooking and serving for the people who support us everyday. We were told to bring hearty dishes loaded with meat--what's better than chili??Rachel and I had a cook-off--each with a pot of our own and the exact same ingredients. Somehow, though, we came up different variations: mine was more of a sweet base with kernel corn, while hers was a little less thick with navy beans thrown in for good measure. We both agreed they were good, but not quite right. Like magic, we combined the two and were amazed to find a darn good pot of chili!
I was going to make cornbread, but when I opened the can that appeared to be cornmeal I knew it was a bust. Although there's a nice big husk of corn on the can and even touts being corn flour, I think I bought corn starch. Shucks.
Oh well, I guess chili doesn't need cornbread. We'll let you know how well it fares at the Iftar tomorrow!

1 comment:
ha ha. "shucks" corn. shuckin' corn. ha ha. "shucks".
Post a Comment