9.01.2008

Hurricane Haboob...!

So CNN has informed me that Hurricane Gustav is disrupting things in the USA. Doesn't anybody get it?? We don't want a Republican anymore!

Over here, we've been in HABOOB central. Not quite a hurricane, more like a sandstorm. Last night, the wind was howling all night. When I arrived in my classroom this morning, I was amazed to find that the sand had crept through the windows, leaving a coat of sand on everything! Blech! Here's the evidence of the haboob:

1 comment:

Marc said...

Do they name haboobs like they name hurricanes? I think if they don't, you should start that. That must suck having it coat everything, like constantly feeling like you just came from the beach. So I think you should name them after beaches. As this is your first (I gather), you could name it Anguilla in the West Indies. That's all I got.