That's it! I can't deal with the gritty floors anymore! I've got to get cleaning and sweeping the dust away just ain't doing it! Unlike the rest of the foreigners here, we don't have a maid.So, the people who lived in our apartment before left a nice, fancy Japanese mop! I was delighted because I remember how well all of those Japanese cleaning products work. Imagine my dismay as half of the head just fell off! Ugh!
We went to borrow another mop from our upstairs neighbor and got a lesson in cleaning, Sudanese style:
1) Wet a nice, big rag.

2) Plop it down on the floor.
3) Place squeegee on top of the rag.
4) Wrap the rag around the squeegee.
5) And...mop!
Old-school style, but a heck of a lot more effective than that crazy Japanese mop. The only down-side is you really get your hands dirty. (But I always heard that was a good thing!)

2 comments:
I told Rachel you 2 need to hire a maid, even if you have to skip a mean now and then.. Fast, that is the answer..
Phyl
That's totally how you wash floors in Tunisia too! I think it leaves things a lot clearer and I actually miss my squeegee!
Post a Comment