Last night's hash was at "The Forest", which seems to be the only land that has a large mass of trees whatsoever. Of course, this is along the Nile where the land is fertile enough to support this lovely forest.
This photo (above) was taken in September when the Nile was flooded. Lucky for us, the waters have receded and we can actually walk/sprint across the flood banks (right).As you can see, it sort of feels like the earth has split open and might gobble us right up. It reminded me of Super Mario Brothers and jumping across hot lava lest being sucked down! (Those would be the moments I was sprinting.)
Anyways, we missed most of the hash due to getting lost amidst some 8+ u-turns. Whodathunk that it would be hard to find a large chunk of land with trees? Once we arrived at "the forest", we spent most of the time foraging our own trail. This proved to be far more exciting, with a lovely sunset at the end of the road! Hurray!
It's amazing how you start to really value things once they're gone. What I wouldn't do for a nice park. I even cried the other day, whining, "I just want to walk in a park." Dust-filled lots do not count. It was a really wonderful day out in nature! Next stop--desert camping this Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment