8.04.2008

Great Digs!

Coming from New York City, I had no idea as to what to expect in regard to housing. There are three apartment buildings around town for teachers...we're in TAIF (a place within Mecca) which is on SALAAM Road ("Peace" road). This is a picture from the outside. There's always a guard standing, er...sitting watch.

We're on the 2nd floor and you can see 3 of the 4 balconies! Until today I thought we had only three balconies. Then I went into one of the three bedrooms and realized that which I had mistaken for a closet was really the fourth balcony. Shucks!

We definitely are being taken care of here! I think our whole apartment in Brooklyn could fit in the living room! 3 bedrooms, 4 balconies, 2 bathrooms and a huge kitchen! There's even free washers/dryers in the building. Eat your heart out New Yorkers! Here's the kitchen with Rachel in it.

Views from the apartment. (You might notice it's quite brown.)

2 comments:

Rach said...

see... I'm comparing this view to the one of 7th Ave in Park Slope. I think we traded 'brown' for 'street noise'.

Anonymous said...

aaaah jealous! looks fabulous!