
Enter Team Pharaoh!! I was in charge of a mish-mash of kids from every grade K-12 from all over the world. Here you can see: US, Malaysia, Canada, Sudan, Kenya, China, Spain, France, Japan, Indonesia & Egypt. Together we created our team name and our chant for the Opening Ceremony. We managed the "Walk Like an Egyptian" with "We are the Pharaohs my friend, and we'll keep on fighting until the end".
We spent the rest of the the day baking in the sun, competing in a myriad of activities. I was in charge of the Math Challenge (oh boy!) They had to estimate how many meters they were as a team. Then they spread out over the lawn, head to toe and I measured it. I noticed "Math Challenge" wasn't anyone's favorite activity of the day. Boo hoo.One of the favorites, though, was the relay race (shown here). One big kid had to carry one little kid to the scooters, where they switched roles and the little kid had to push the big kid!
After school we were plenty sweaty, dirty and exhausted. We decided our feet needed to be photographed to give you some understanding of what we went through. Needless to say, we showered and crashed as soon as we got home!

1 comment:
Re: Dirty feet. Mine looked like that everyday when I was a kid. Hollywood and Sudan -- who knew?
Post a Comment