"Oh dear me oh my! I'm being chased by a wild-eyed stuffed lion! Run for your life!!!" Now this is a pretty lame attempt to pimp anything, but I deemed it was so pathetic to warrant a photo. There seems to be a competition between the 14-year old drivers to see how horrid they can make their tuk-tuk. I'll try to keep you updated with more photos...once I get that permit. (They're "working on it".)
(Now I really wouldn't mind if this tuk-tuk driver spent a little more effort on adorning his ride.)Of course this died in the middle of the road. With us in it. After many attempts to re-start, he realized, "Ah ha! We must be out of gas." (Gas meters aren't a bad thing, right?) So, he pulls out a piss-colored plastic bottle from under the seat. I was starting to get nervous as he disappeared around the back, wondering what on earth he was going to do. But moments later, luckily, we were scooting down the road.
Seriously, riding in a tuk-tuk is an adventure nearly every single day. I'm glad I was in a car with doors on this one.(If you're reading Rachel's blog, my apologies for the repeat.)

1 comment:
Keep on pimping. I love reading your updates, it makes me feel like you and Rachel aren't quite so far away!
Post a Comment