Since our whole campus is outdoors, there are quite a few animals around! Here's the cutest cat I've seen since arriving. Most are true street cats, not quite the lovable kitty you want.When it rains, all of the sudden the puddles are filled with little tadpoles, which very quickly turn into frogs. As in a couple of hours. It's like the plagues are being sent all over again!
Of course, there's the turtle sanctuary. (Another photo for Mel Turtle.)My favorite, though, has been the geckos that run around the classrooms. I've tried to snap a shot of them, but alas! They are really quick! These aren't the geckos that you imagine...more like prehistoric dinosaurs with angular eyes. My 8th grade class was tickled pink when they spotted them running around during my lesson. (Perfect distraction!) They adamantly named them all "Chicken Nugget". Go figure.
Hmmm. Maybe we're on to comfort foods around these parts? I vow the next animal will be dubbed "Mac 'n Cheese"!

No comments:
Post a Comment