8.22.2008

Two Truths & A Lie

Two Truths and a Lie...The title says everything. Everyone has to figure out which is the lie. It's a pretty easy and fun way to get to know more about people. As the big group I was with started to play, my mind flashed back to the first day of school, when I played this game with my high school students.

After I explained the rules, the first student eagerly says, "I was born with 11 fingers."

"Ha!" I think to myself. "That's ridiculous! That's obviously the lie!"

Errr...nope. That's the TRUTH!

The next student goes, "I have 12 fingers."

"Yeah, right. He's just trying to copy the first kid. LIE!"

"Come look," he says while flipping his hands over to show that yes, indeed, he has 10 average fingers and 2 little stubs.

"Shucks."

"I only have 9 toes," the last student claims.

I'm not falling for it again, of course that must be the TRUTH. But... it's not. Ugh. The theme in my classroom seemed to be be extra appendages, not missing ones! (I can't believe I didn't write about this sooner...things must have been busy to forget!)

No comments: